Francesco is Partner of Grant Thornton Consultants Srl.
Chartered Accountant and Auditor: Francesco has 25 years of experience in professional services on Basel II/III, Corporate Governance & Control, Compliance and Internal Audit, with particular reference to the Banking and Financial sector.
Before joining Grant Thornton srl he worked Since 1989 at Deloitte & Touche SpA operates in the auditing division for Banks and Financial Intermediaries, since 2002 was Partner and in 2004 was in charge of the National Advisory Service Line “Corporate Governance and Business Risk" at Deloitte Consulting - Financial Service Industry.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Over his career Francesco has covered increasing responsibilities. Actually he is Chairman of the Supervisory Body as per Decree 231/2001 for General Motors Financial Services, and Advisor for the Supervisory Body appointed by Bank of Italy.
- He has been also a member of an Ethical Committee for the main Real Estate Fund in Italy and component of the Supervisory Board in a Company owned by the Italian Treasury Minister.
- Francesco is also speaker at conferences for Italian Bankers Association (ABI) and author of books and publications in Business Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Risk edited by “Bocconi University” and “Italian Bankers Association”.
- Recently Francesco has been also co-author with Jean-Paul Fitoussi and Roger McCormick (London School of Economics) of a Book published in Italy by Bocconi University: “The future of Capitalism: Ethics, Rules and Practice”.
- In addiction to his mother language Italian, Francesco speaks fluent English.
- He is an italian CPA and registered auditor